Do I have to store my coconut oil in the fridge?
No, coconut oil doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge. All that will happen if you keep coconut oil in the fridge is that it will become rock solid. Usually, in the tropical climates where coconuts are grown it is considered unusual for coconut oil to be frozen. As coconut oil is abundant with natural antidioxants this ensures that it has a very long shelf life.
What is the shelf life of coconut oil?
Coconut oil can remain unspoiled for several years.
What kind of benefits does coconut oil provide?
Coconut oil can provide many benefits including:
- Helping skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, dry scalp and eczema. Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids which can help boost the metabolic process and it can also improve miniaturisation in the skin.
- Many people who use coconut oil on their hair find that it improves both the strength and shininess of their hair.
- Helping thyroid problems as coconut oil can help in improving thyroid hormones.
- Medium Chain Fatty Acid’s (MCFA’s) which are present in coconut oil can help boost the production of insulin helping those with diabetes.
- As MCFA’s present in coconut oil are more soluble this means that common fats are more readily converted into the metabolism of the body assisting those with heart disease.
Can I cook with coconut oil?
Yes, replacing your regular cooking oil with coconut oil can help to reduce cholesterol. The saturated fats which are present in coconut oil are medium chain triglycerides and medium chain fatty acids, both of which provide beneficial effects in the body.
What kind of oil is coconut oil?
Coconut oil is classified as seed oil.
What are the different ways in which I can use coconut oil?
Coconut oil can be used in a myriad of different ways in order to reap the benefits of it:
- You can use it as a replacement for butter or margarine as a spread
- You can replace your regular cooking oil with coconut oil
- You can eat coconut oil directly
- You can mix coconut oil with your tea, coffee or any other hot drink
- You can use it as lotion on skin and hair
Can anyone use coconut oil?
Yes. It is important to remember that coconut oil is not a manufactured drug or chemical, it is a food which is provided by nature.
When do you recommend that I take coconut oil?
It is recommended that you use coconut oil once in the morning and thereafter it can be taken throughout the day whenever convenient to you.